Development & Marketing Assistant
Purpose: To support the Development Director in implementing strategies that ensure effective cultivation and stewardship of donors, assist in the planning and implementation of fundraising campaigns, special events and targeted efforts, and provide administrative support for incoming donations and donor database management.
Supervisor: Kimberly Wright, 309-829–3034 ext 103, firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: Credit hours & an invaluable experience to add to your resume
- Support the activities of the Resource Development Committee and sub-committees (annual campaign, Be Great Breakfast, Golf event, stewardship, marketing, etc)
- Help organize and facilitate committee meetings to ensure effective use of volunteer time
- Assist with special events/campaigns including soliciting donations, recruiting volunteers, creative brainstorming, updating volunteer and event information materials, generating or assisting with mailings and participant registration
- Track income and compile income status reports
- Manage, monitor and develop information tracking and provide to Development Director for analysis
- Manage donor database and import donor information for tracking and stewardship activity.
- Ensure timely distribution of stewardship activities and reports
- Provide management, board members, RD committee and volunteers with donor information for stewardship mailings and phone calls.
- Organize volunteers for large administrative needs including letter writing campaigns and mailings.
- Assist RD committee in developing marketing plan.
- Produce a variety of promotional and printed materials, including quarterly newsletter, brochures/flyers and press releases.
- Assist with maintenance and update of Club website and social media.
- Assist with capturing Club moments on camera and video for social media content and other marketing materials.
- Attend community functions to share BGC information and to learn about the community and opportunities for partnerships and collaborations
- Education: Working towards a degree in development, fundraising, marketing, or related field.
- Experience with social service organizations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and attend to details.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows operating system and extensive internet experience.
- Experience with database management (Blackbaud/Etapestry) preferred.
- Schedule availability to do some work outside the office and attend occasional events
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Expected Work Days
Supervisor will schedule work days once class schedule is set.
To apply for this position, please submit resume to Kimberly Wright at email@example.com